and anudda' non-avart piece..

Non-Aviation Art Showcase
"San Cristoforo" is a depiction of the church by that same name in Ferrara, Italy. The church, which dates back to 1452 is surrounded by a massive necropolis known as the Certosa. I spent the summer of 1991 in Ferrara and would spend many mornings at the Certosa drawing among the visually fascinating tombs, crypts and sculptures. I remember vividly that my mornings at the Certosa were a time of profound peace and silence, to the point that sometimes I could almost hear my own heart beating. I particularly remember this view, from the rear of the church, which presents the viewer with a visually interesting juxtaposition of various shapes. In 2011 my wife and I had the pleasure of returning to Ferrara, and this time I made it a point to collect plenty of painting ideas from the Certosa and the church of San Cristoforo.

18" x 30"

oil on linen

27/05/2012 21:09:26
Well someones going to have to break the ice

Technicaly spot on, it's like a canaletto, but it's a personal picture & only inspires memories which (we) don't have

I would have rather seen the church as part of a larger landscape so you eye could wander around the landscape as it does in your Parie Waters

The only thing that distracts you from the main building are the birds, apart from that there is nothing going on which you can get involed with

Like I say though, as usual with you the paintwork is top notch

But the picture only means something special to you

Sorry to be a bit of a Damp Squib on this one, love the artwork :)

28/05/2012 14:37:28
Is that Kim Novak I see up there in the tower????laugh

08/10/2012 15:21:59
Dietz said

I had to wait for nearly 1 minute for this page to load......& what kind of informative  comment was I greeted with yellkiss

08/10/2012 17:25:36
Gollum said

Dietz said

I had to wait for nearly 1 minute for this page to load......& what kind of informative  comment was I greeted with yellkiss

I get criticized by my wife for what tries to pass as wit as well...cry

26/04/2013 15:29:26
If it was Veronica Lake i wouldn't have been so annoyed wink

26/04/2013 17:33:35
Y

Gollum said
 If it was Veronica Lake i wouldn't have been so annoyed wink

Your wish...etc. etc.....

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/slideshow/

28/04/2013 14:58:40
Sweet looking girl smile

28/04/2013 15:42:11