Ayrton Senna

Non-Aviation Art Showcase
Ayrton Senna da Silva died in a crash at Tamburello corner while leading the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix on May 1.

Formula - Alone

Year: 1995

Technique: Paper , watercolour

Size: 30см х 45см
01/05/2012 19:22:45
Very powerful and dramatic,although it does make me feel weird looking at it IF this is the moment of his death.

Strange to think that way as alot of aviation art has fire,bombs,burning planes and death but i guess it it is less personal,machines depicted not people.

Certainly a powerful piece.
02/05/2012 09:42:40
A nice tribute piece. I see a spiritual Ayrton rising out of the cockpit here.
02/05/2012 14:39:52
My opinion ... not in the best of taste.

Reportage, maybe ... but who, in all honesty, would hang this on their wall?
03/05/2012 13:26:04
Gotta agree, might be hard to sell. Interesting painting well done but I could list about three galleries in Australia that wouldn't even hang it. The "Salon de Refuses" might possibly love it.
03/05/2012 20:37:06
I grew up with F1 at the time of Masell, Prost, Senna and being a brit and Mansell fan, I hated Senna. I thought he was an arrogant prat who thought he had a right to bully his way through F1.

It was only after Senna seemed to mellow around the time he joined Williams I found myself liking and appreciating him more. Now after watching his life story and seeing his sheer talent, and understanding the political maneavouring of his opponents (Prost), I understand that F1 has truely lost a genius.

I'm sure Senna was motionless following his fatal head injury, so I cannot see why he is depicted trying to lift himself out of the car. But this is not the way to remember him.

My lasting memory of senna was watching the tv footage as he did a lap around Monaco. He said himself that he felt as if he had entered another zone. After seeing him handle that car at such speeds and so easily, he definately had.

God bless & RIP.
03/05/2012 21:06:22
Dear friends, thanks for your comments! Very interesting to read your opinions about the painting.
04/05/2012 10:42:57
Thats a really good painting, the way it is done is just awsome 8-)

Spooky though 8O
04/05/2012 19:08:25