Wonderful Website

New Member greetings & introductions
Hello eHanger members:

I signed on as a member only a couple weeks ago and after reading several of the topics touched upon, I am amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm and variety of subject matter relating to aviation art. With over 50 years as a free-lance artist, I have never before seen anything like it. I see this as one of the positive aspects of the home computer age.

eighthAF

(Gil Cohen)
04/08/2007 13:48:42
Hi Gil - and welcome!

Hope to see you again next year in Seattle. Russell Smith and I, along with a couple of others will be exhibiting at the 8th AF Museum in Savannah starting this Nov. Hope that's our ASAA Forum venue again soon (easy driving distance for me!).

Take care,

Wade
04/08/2007 15:53:17
Hi Gil. So glad to see you here! Welcome. It has been my experience at both forums that I've attended that any time you speak on art, people listen - and with good reason! I hope you won't be shy about sharing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us.

Russell Smith
04/08/2007 17:41:15
High Gil, Nice to see you here and welcome, l have been a fan of your work for as long as l can remember, l just thought your painting of the interior of the Lancaster was so real , brought many memories back to me, perhaps you remember Joe Smith from the Metro-pole who told me he had met up with you at the last ASAA meet, as l said welcome.

Hoss.
04/08/2007 18:10:02
Greetings to Mr Gil Cohen! ... I didn't realise that it was you when I welcomed you to the site a while back on the other thread. :oops:

Thanks again for joining us... I hope we will see you here often. :)
04/08/2007 21:13:27
Welcome to eHangar Gil!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the site. We all look forward to your future participation.

Having joined the ASAA about a year ago, I am hoping to make it to next years forum in Seattle. As a collector, I am looking forward to finally meeting some of the artists, such as yourself, whose prints I have been buying for many years.

Like the eighthaf moniker! :D
05/08/2007 00:55:45
Welcome Gil - Certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and attention to the 8TH AF - I live in England and am a member of the 100th Bomb Group Foundation - pity we lost Robert Rosie Rosenthal recently - your print of Rosie's Crew very poignant now ,look forward to seeing more of your work in the Future

Kind Regards ..Ron
05/08/2007 07:24:02
Thanks for the welcome from all of you!

If there is anything that I feel that I can contribute to the forum, I'll put my Two cents worth in from time to time.

Congratulations Wade and Russell, on your upcoming show at the Eighth A.F. Heritage Museum. I had a one-man show there back in 1998-99. It's an outstanding Museum.

Yes, I too was very saddend by the recent loss of Rosie Rosenthal. If one can define the word 'hero', he was certainly one and perhaps more important, he was a decent and caring human being.

Regards,

Gil
05/08/2007 17:10:34
I'll put my Two cents worth in from time to time.

Gil, having taken one of your figure drawing classes at an ASAA Forum, I'll tell everyone here that your 2?? is worth FAR more than that!

Congratulations Wade and Russell, on your upcoming show at the Eighth A.F. Heritage Museum. I had a one-man show there back in 1998-99. It's an outstanding Museum.

Thanks Gil. I saw your show while it was there. it was fantastic.

Russ
05/08/2007 17:15:40
Hi Gil

A huge :welcome to eHangar.com! :)

Thank you for your kind words regarding this site.

As one of the aviation art industry's most senior and successful aviation artists, we are honored by your membership and participation on this site.

I have been a big fan of your work for a long time, and look forward to more of your input here.

Gil, having taken one of your figure drawing classes at an ASAA Forum, I'll tell everyone here that your 2?? is worth FAR more than that!
We have all seen Russell's superb figures in his art work and agree wholeheartedly with him! :)
05/08/2007 17:45:03
Gil-

Welcome to the forum and it is a wonderful website.

As one who has admired your work for quite some time we welcome any feedback that you have and it would be an honor to be critiqued by an artist of your stature!

I can take it.....really.....

:)

Welcome.
06/08/2007 13:31:28
Hello eHanger members:

I signed on as a member only a couple weeks ago and after reading several of the topics touched upon, I am amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm and variety of subject matter relating to aviation art. With over 50 years as a free-lance artist, I have never before seen anything like it. I see this as one of the positive aspects of the home computer age.

eighthAF

(Gil Cohen)

Greetings Gil. . .

I just joined this site (12/08) and noticed your posting here. I have met you a number of times at the WWII Reading show, and am good friends with all the 601 Squadron re-enactors. I have collected your prints for years and Coming Home, Regensburg Mission, and Rosie the Riveter grace my walls at office and home. Your work is so outstanding. . .and portrays the human side of combat that most other artists do not attemt to do. Your contributions to this site are both invaluable and welcomed!

Best, Mike
14/12/2008 14:49:00