Not another newbie

New Member greetings & introductions
Hello to all. Since this seems to be an 'all about me' thread, here goes.

Aviation enthusiast since day one! Ex RAF, and Current Airline maintenance mechanic and Museum member, with time served on Victors, Airbus A310/20, 737, Vulcan, and Lancaster.... a good contrast!

I've been painting aircraft semi-professionally for three years, and my preferred medium is oil on board. I'm going to post a few pics at some point, and start a run of paintings depicting aircraft related to RAF Usworth / Sunderland Airport and North East Aircraft Museum. Its great to find so many artists of all media here, and I hope I can learn something from you all! (By the way, yes I'm already a friend of the Guild of Aviation Artists)

LL
19/07/2007 18:19:06
Hello!

I am near York and work at the Yorkshire Air Museum, so maybe we have something in common? :)

Welcome to the site,

Paul
19/07/2007 18:37:38
Maybe so. I used to work on Lindy some years ago, just ask Andre about removing two wheels off the same axle.... :oops:

Still, learned from that, became a proper engineer! nOW WORKING (IN BETWEEN JOBS ANYWAY) at the North East Aircraft Museum
19/07/2007 19:06:43
Greetings L_L, thanks for checking in with an intro and welcome to the site. :)
19/07/2007 19:14:44
Maybe so. I used to work on Lindy some years ago, just ask Andre about removing two wheels off the same axle.... :oops:

Still, learned from that, became a proper engineer! nOW WORKING (IN BETWEEN JOBS ANYWAY) at the North East Aircraft Museum

Small world! :lol:

Paul
19/07/2007 19:18:53
Thanks Stormchaser.

It is a small world Paul......very small, especially in the aircraft industry.

My first pics are uploaded too, in the Ready Room!
19/07/2007 20:22:39
Welcome LL!

Nice to see another aircraft mechanic on board. :wink:
19/07/2007 21:54:41
Hi LL and :welcome

I look forward to your participation, and am glad to see you've jumped in with both feet here :)

BTW, what does "Lindy" refer to?
19/07/2007 23:54:04
'Lindy' would be Andre Tempest's HP Victor K2 XL231 Lusty Lindy. I was a volunteer on this aircraft from before I left school, and set me off into the world of 'Real' aircraft... :wink:

As I said, it has led onto many more classic aircraft both professionally and as a hobby.....

LL
20/07/2007 07:54:52