New kid on the block

New Member greetings & introductions
Greetings

I wanted to check in and say hello to everybody. I stumbeld yesterday over this webpage and this is excatly what i need: Guys with the same hobby.

I don't know how it is for you but i am pretty "alone" with my aviation art interest / collection, i have no "collector buddies" with whom i could talk, ask questionss or discuss with. For me living in Germany it isn't very pc to be interested in WWII military staff, so more i am happy to found this place here 8)

My favorite artists are Taylor, Trudgian ( oh well, i know not very original :wink: ) Copic and Crandall but i am very open minded. I buy everthing i like, might it a secondary market Taylor print for 1500$ or a 35$ open editon print. I am mainly focused on prints with LW planes and signatures but have also a lot of allied airfore stuff, too.

I have some questions which i have for a long time but never had anyone to ask, so i will start some seperate topics.

Again, i am very happy i found this place and looking forward to your replies and last but not least, wanted to give a big thanks to ehangar for his idea and work here. Salute.

Horrido

Fenris
09/10/2004 15:10:49
Fenris, its my great pleasure to welcome you to eHangar.com and I'm so glad you found us because here, you are not alone in your hobby! Thank you for your kinds words :D

Do ask all the questions you have. We have quite a number of serious aviation art collectors here whom I'm sure will rally and give us some good information.

It sounds like you've got a pretty large aviation art collection yourself - you must be one of the 3 who voted "more than 100 prints" in the "How many aviation art prints do you own" survey :wink:

Are you aware of German aviation artists? I have a few listed on this site, although I have not yet uploaded any of their paintings yet.

By the way, I knew of a Warbirds (online flight sim) player who went by the call sign of skrew - you don't happen to be that person, do you?

Enjoy your stay here, and we look forward to your participation and contribution here!
09/10/2004 17:31:37
Fenris, its my great pleasure to welcome you to eHangar.com and I'm so glad you found us because here, you are not alone in your hobby! Thank you for your kinds words :D

Do ask all the questions you have. We have quite a number of serious aviation art collectors here whom I'm sure will rally and give us some good information.

It sounds like you've got a pretty large aviation art collection yourself - you must be one of the 3 who voted "more than 100 prints" in the "How many aviation art prints do you own" survey :wink:

Are you aware of German aviation artists? I have a few listed on this site, although I have not yet uploaded any of their paintings yet.

By the way, I knew of a Warbirds (online flight sim) player who went by the call sign of skrew - you don't happen to be that person, do you?

Enjoy your stay here, and we look forward to your participation and contribution here!

-Yes, i am one of the who has more then 100 prints. I have around 50 Taylors with 6 or 7 remarques, 25-35 Trudgians ( many with remarque ) and many prints of other artits.

- The only print by a German artits i have is Heinz Krebs Marseille print ( can't remember the name right now )eventhrough i like the new 2004 Krebs print with the JV44 190d a lot an will prolly buy it.

I have three small oil paintings by M. Schroeder, i think you have one or two other paintings of him in you database.

-Lol, the world is small. Yes, i am flying WB since 1997 and there i am skrew- of Jagdgeschwader 3 "Udet" .

Let me guess, you are dogtag or the guy from JG14 ( i can't remember the handle, i think i started with C. "checkmate" could it be but prolly you are someone completley other person :wink:
09/10/2004 17:54:48
Hehe, none of the above! My WB callsign was -vizo-. You still flying in WB regularly? I haven't because I've been busy setting up this site! :wink:
09/10/2004 17:59:31
Hehe, none of the above! My WB callsign was -vizo-. You still flying in WB regularly? I haven't because I've been busy setting up this site! :wink:

Hmm, i remember your handle but i don't think we have meet often online but it would be no wonder when you live in the USA. With your handle i hear a bell ringing but don't know where the bell is hanging ( german saying ) What was/is your squad again ?

Yes i am still active but mostly only on squadmeetings and EMC/SL events.
09/10/2004 18:06:55
M. Schroeder? No, I don't know of this artist and do not have him on the eHangar.com database (yet :) )

I have the following listed:

Friedl W??lfing

Hans-J??rgen Soeffker

Heinz Krebs

Ren?   Borst

If you could post some of Schroeder's work here, in a new thread, it would help me get started on his data :D

By the way, how do you say aviation art in German?
10/10/2004 00:12:48
M. Schroeder? No, I don't know of this artist and do not have him on the eHangar.com database (yet :) )

I have the following listed:

Friedl W??lfing

Hans-J??rgen Soeffker

Heinz Krebs

Ren?   Borst

If you could post some of Schroeder's work here, in a new thread, it would help me get started on his data :D

By the way, how do you say aviation art in German?

- You have at least one image of Manfred Schr?  ders art in you list, it's a Fw190 of JG1

- I have forgotten F. W??lfing, he has some nice prints but i still have to buy one. But some of his prints are on my "will buy it sooner or later".

The other two names i have never heard about, i will right after this posting check your database 8)

- I have no own digital camera but a friend has a good one, so he will make photos of my three Schr?  der paintings the next time he vists me and, if you like, as well photos of the signature and number of the Ace of Aces print of Erich's estate.

- The german word f??r aviation art is Luftfahrtkunst :)

Horrido

Fenris
10/10/2004 08:36:05
Ah thanks, he's the one I had forgotten about and was trying to remember. Yes, I found several Manfred Schroder's prints on eBay. I've been wanting to ask one of his customers if there is a swastika on the actual print, so I can ask you now this :)

How do you rate him?

I haven't uploaded the works of the other German artists yet, except for Heinz Krebs. Does Krebs live in Germany? I have been trying to reach his US distributor, Art-Haus, but they seem to have stopped operating.
10/10/2004 12:25:25

I don't know how it is for you but i am pretty "alone" with my aviation art interest / collection, i have no "collector buddies" with whom i could talk, ask questionss or discuss with. For me living in Germany it isn't very pc to be interested in WWII military staff, so more i am happy to found this place here 8)

Just saw this post on the Flypast magazine site about a new Bf109G-4 restored and flying on 8 Oct 2004. Rebuilt from a Hispano Buchon with a DB605 engine. Awesome, another Messerschmitt flying again!

The picture that struck me from that post is the one I reproduce below:

There's a huge crowd of guys milling around the Bf109. looks like there are quite a few aviation enthusiasts there in Germany, and I'm sure many of them might be interested in aviation art too :D

The issue, you brought up, is not its not politically correct to discuss these things there, so perhaps that's why its difficult to find like-minded buddies there. Well, hopefully, more will find their way here to eHangar.com so we'll get to meet them :D
10/10/2004 15:23:24
Ah thanks, he's the one I had forgotten about and was trying to remember. Yes, I found several Manfred Schroder's prints on eBay. I've been wanting to ask one of his customers if there is a swastika on the actual print, so I can ask you now this :)

How do you rate him?

I haven't uploaded the works of the other German artists yet, except for Heinz Krebs. Does Krebs live in Germany? I have been trying to reach his US distributor, Art-Haus, but they seem to have stopped operating.

- Manfred Schr?  ders art are orginal oil paintings, each unique and not avialable as open or closed editon.

- Hard to rate them, like always it's a question of taste but technical it's ok eventhrough the colors and details are less then you are used to from the big names in aviation art business. I will post images in two weeks or so ( my buddy with the digital cammera is on vacaction ) and if you like, send larger and more detailed photos to you directly so you can judge them yourself.

- I have no idea where Heinz Krebs is living and was wondering too who is distributing his art now artHaus is down. I will let you know once i found out because i want his new "Ambush" print :D
11/10/2004 16:12:10
[quote=eHangar]

Just saw this post on the Flypast magazine site about a new Bf109G-4 restored and flying on 8 Oct 2004. Rebuilt from a Hispano Buchon with a DB605 engine. Awesome, another Messerschmitt flying again!

The picture that struck me from that post is the one I reproduce below:

There's a huge crowd of guys milling around the Bf109. looks like there are quite a few aviation enthusiasts there in Germany, and I'm sure many of them might be interested in aviation art too :D

The issue, you brought up, is not its not politically correct to discuss these things there, so perhaps that's why its difficult to find like-minded buddies there. Well, hopefully, more will find their way here to eHangar.com so we'll get to meet them :D

To watch and hear the plane in your photo in action:

http://www.jagdgeschwader4.de/Flugzeuge/Me109/Info-Me109-alles.htm

scroll down to 109G

download "1.Film... to 7.Film"

The film is a little bit fuzzy sometimes while zooming in but the sound alone is worth downloading it 8)

Sure there are more aviation freaks around and some aviation art fans, too but in my area are none what is no wonder since i live on the country side :)

Enjoy

Fenris
11/10/2004 16:17:14
Excellent videos and pix, thanks for the website recommendation. You're right, the DB605 sounds awesome.

www.me109.info also has some great photos.

Who is the display pilot? He flies the Bf109 really well. I don't think he was wearing a helmet.

Wonder if there were any former Bf109 pilots there that day?
11/10/2004 17:26:41
http://www.jagdgeschwader4.de/Flugzeuge/Me109/Info-Me109-alles.htm

I had forgotten about this :( just viewed it again....what a sweet sound and wonderful to see such a rare machine put through it's paces in the hands of a skilled pilot. 8)

Just scroll down to : Filme der Bf 109 G4 "Rote Sieben" (MPEG-Format mit 320 * 240 Pixel) and take yourself back sixty years if so inclined.
01/12/2005 19:11:53