new guy - Jumping into the hobby

New Member greetings & introductions
Hi everybody. Aviation has been my passion since I can remember. I could name every plane in the Air Forces inventory from about age 7 and soloed Cessnas and Pipers before I ever drove a car. I also love WWII History so this hobby and myself were bound to collide at some point. For Years I saw aviation art adds in 'Aviation History' magazine and looked in awe at how beautiful the prints were, but I was never able to afford them. Now im at a point where I can afford a print or two a month and im looking forward to jumping into this exciting hobby.

I hope to learn the ropes of this new hobby and look forward to becoming a member of this community. See ya'll around. :D

Justin
15/06/2007 03:44:25
Hi Justin, a big :welcome to our little community :)

If you're looking to join a community of aviation art lovers, then you've come to the right place! 8-)

Feel free to ask questions (I see you've already done so in your second post!) and we'll try to answer them as best as we can.

We're all keen aviation enthusiasts here too, with a special love for the 'art' aspect of it, so make yourself right at home and enjoy the company! :)
15/06/2007 04:18:54
Welcome to eHangar Justin!

Boy have you come to the right place. You will find many others here who share your affliction.

BTW, we are considering forming a support group for spouses who have loved ones who exhibit AAS (Aviation Art Syndrome), in case you are married. :hys

I'm looking forward to your participation. Let us know if we can assist you in any way, shape or form. It'll be fun to watch what you end up buying. :D
15/06/2007 12:36:56
Greetings Justin and welcome aboard. :) Excellent choice for your first print! 8-)
15/06/2007 15:24:45
Howdy:

You're definitely doing it the right way. I did it backasswards and learned a lot after I had made my first purchases. These guys know what they are talking about. :D

Tom
15/06/2007 16:02:13