Hello From New Zealand

New Member greetings & introductions
Hi Guys......I have an addiction and that is I can't stop buying aviation art. I often say to myself that this will be my last but it never is.

It all started when my wife ( now ex) brought me a Ron Fulstow print of a Spitfire for my birthday, .. and now I"m up too 15 fulstows, 5 being originals. I'm also a big fan of Nicolas Trudgians work, numbering up to 6 now with two more in the pipe line, also 2 Robert Taylors and a Gerald Coulson .

I get immence pleasure out of viewing them all but still have a few unframed .The wall space has become a bit of a problem but have boarded up a few windows to help solve that.

We don't have any dealers in NZ (that I know of) so I purchase from Australia , UK and the States.

I am new to eHanger ,which I think it's great to be able to share our passion and view other members collections

Dene.

Christchurch New Zealand
19/05/2007 08:57:59
Hi Dene

Great to have you aboard with us - :welcome

Hi Guys......I have an addiction and that is I can't stop buying aviation art. I often say to myself that this will be my last but it never is.
Ah, you've got it bad, like the rest of us :) Welcome to the club!

The wall space has become a bit of a problem but have boarded up a few windows to help solve that.
:hys That's a novel way of solving this problem! Kills two birds with one stone too, as less light will also cut down on the dreaded UV rays and slow down the fading process ;)

I am new to eHanger ,which I think it's great to be able to share our passion and view other members collections
You've come to the right place! Enjoy your stay here and we look forward to your input and participation!

Cheers

Sunny
19/05/2007 13:41:40
Dene,

Welcome to eHangar!

The wall space has become a bit of a problem but have boarded up a few windows to help solve that.

You almost got me with that one! If I had been drinking my coffee when I read that, I would have spewed like a whale coming to the surface after a very deep dive.

Glad to have you aboard. I'll be reading your posts with the utmost of caution! :lol:
19/05/2007 14:34:55
Congratulations... five Fulstow originals... very nice indeed. 8-)

I have always admired the Fulstow originals in the NZ Fighter Pilot's Museum as being very fine paintings and a friend of mine has commissioned him on a couple of occasions with equally pleasing results.

Once you find your way around the site, you might wish to post some pics by opening a thread in the 'Your Collection' forum... I'm sure there are many of us here that would like to see them. :)

Enjoy the site.
19/05/2007 22:46:31
This site is new to me and am still feeling my way around ;

I have a really old computer (11 years) with windows 98 on it, no printer, scanner or camera, and is as slow as a wet week so as soon as I up date my equipment I will do my best to post some of the Ron Fulstow out of my collection, of which I forgot to mention that 90% is pencil work but is that still OK ?

Maybe if I didn't spend so much on aviation art I'd have a modern pc

Regards

Dene
21/05/2007 08:16:53
Dene (corsair) are you still lurking here on the ehangar site?

I recently very nearly bid on a Ron Fulstow original pencil drawing of a Tempest attacking a 109 or 190? with 5 NZ aces signatures. It was on ebay, the seller from NZ, can't remember the username of the seller..............don't suppose it was you was it?
22/08/2007 22:09:21