I've been lurking for long enough, so I finally decided to join as a member.

I started collecting when I was 22 (3 years ago) after I saw an advertisement for "Ace of Diamonds" by Trudgian. Jersey Jerk has been my favorite paint scheme for a Mustang for quite some time so I decided it'd be great to have that on my wall, especially with Don Strait's signature gracing the print.

I didn't initially plan on getting anymore prints but after seeing Mosquitos at Dusk, I continued to buy. I'm now up to about 40 prints. My collection is largely made up of Trudgian prints since I enjoy the colors he uses and his prints are also less costly than Robert Taylors. I also have about 6 from Mark Postlethwaite, a mix of prints from Kodera, Phillips, West, Galloway, and recently added a Russell Smith to the collection.

I'm also a pilot flying mostly your run of the mill Pipers and Cessnas, although I do have an hour in a T-6 doing aerobatics. Although I must admit, I haven't flown in some time due to lack of free time. :oops:

There are some great originals held by members here. I'm just beginning to look at the possibility of buying some color studies or pencil sketches. I'm afraid I just can't afford a true original yet.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to joining in on the discussions, there are some great artists here and I love to see the WIP paintings.

Ken
19/12/2006 20:06:41
Hi Ken and welcome!

It is good to have another collector aboard. I hate to be the one to break this news to you though, but when you bought that first print your fate was sealed. Glad you finally spoke up and we all look forward to your continuing participation. :wink:
19/12/2006 20:16:48
I've been lurking for long enough, so I finally decided to join as a member.

8-) 8-) 8-)

and recently added a Russell Smith to the collection.

Smart thinking my friend... got a feeling WW1 art is going to gain in prominence over the next year or two. :wink2

I'm just beginning to look at the possibility of buying some color studies or pencil sketches.

Way to go... ask the Blacksheep! :wink:

Greetings and welcome to eHangar.
19/12/2006 20:31:36
Welcome to eHangar.com, Ken! :welcome

Glad to have another collector in our midst.

Just as a matter of intereste, how long were you lurking and what finally made you register and speak up?

I look forward to your participation on the site.
19/12/2006 23:32:07
I've probably been reading the board for about 7-8 months.

I always thought about signing up, I just finally sat down and did it this week. I can't say one thing really pushed me into registering.
21/12/2006 14:00:50
and recently added a Russell Smith to the collection.

Smart thinking my friend... got a feeling WW1 art is going to gain in prominence over the next year or two. :wink2

I sure do like the way you think, Stormchaser! :wink:

Welcome kzollitsch, and thank you for including me in your collection!

Russ
21/12/2006 15:09:06