A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
buzzc320's collection of things
buzzc320
Members
Forum Posts: 217
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 8, 2015 - 3:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have several Sanke cards and other WWI items that I’m looking at getting framed. Brought the first one home yesterday. The second of my ‘Iron Cross 2nd class’ series will be in landscape format with matching frame and matting.

DSCN1006.JPG

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
November 29, 2015 - 1:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Brought this home yesterday. This document transfers ownership of the EKII from the government to the soldier.

DSCN1028-1.JPG

DSCN1033.JPG

I cook corn....

fuzzy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 3313
December 5, 2015 - 3:05 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let’s see a pic of that JG-52 if it’s framed now!

buzzc320
Members
December 5, 2015 - 8:54 am

Its not framed yet. frown

I’d like to pick up an early war Luft. Pilot’s badge first so I’m most likely looking for a neusilber or a tombac Assmann or a J1 Junckers badge but damn, those early badges are expensive. The Assmann badge I was looking at and procrastinating over got sold and that 900 bucks I would of spent on it would of been pretty reasonable. And I’m looking/dealing at a couple of Luft. Transport clasps to frame with that ‘Special Duties’ print I bought a while ago.

I also haven’t heard hide nor hair over that remarqued ‘Ramraiders’ print I paid down on back in June. brooding

In the mean-time I picked up a couple of never framed copies of RT1 ‘Schweinfurt The Second Mission’ and ‘Gathering Storm’ from a 92y/o collector in Toronto that’s downsizing. The Canadian $$ is discounted 30% right now so I’m in more of a buying mood than a framing mood. whistle

I’m seemingly more into the Imperial stuff right now and should have the ‘Parschau Projekt’ back from the frame shop before xmas then I’ll have to either get a couple prints framed or take in a couple of the old prints and have the old glass changed on them to UV glass.

I worked 170+ hours of overtime in November so I have to spend my $$ on something. smile2

I cook corn....

fuzzy
Members

Moderators
December 6, 2015 - 3:19 am

Wow, you’re seriously upsizing!

I’m in the process of downsizing a bit on that auction site that shall not be mentioned as we speak.  Have to pay for a few more Darryl Legg paintings for this year’s originals contest!  LOL!

When you get the JG-52 framed, post a pic.  Same for the Ramraiders remarque.  Always like to see an RT2 remarque.  Good acquisition with the RT1 Schweinfurt the Second Mission.  That’s actually my favorite RT1 B-17 print.  Maybe the signatures can’t match some of the old prints, but the image can’t be beat.

buzzc320
Members
December 6, 2015 - 8:25 am

Ahah! I was perusing that unnamed auction site one day not so long ago and I thought I ran across a seller that seemed to be you by the name and by the prints for sale. But I have issues at times with my computer locking up on picture-intensive sites or pages and have to keep closing & reopening the browser (I think its an Adobe flash issue) and was looking at (seemingly) your listings when the computer locked up. So, 10 minutes later when I was back up I forgot about checking (what seemed to be) your stuff again. I may have to rectify that issue. smile2

I’ll definitely post pictures when I get things framed as I have been. Many times I think Simon & myself are the only ones posting anything on here. I’m anxiously awaiting for the Schweinfurt print as it should of been here but I see its still stuck in Chicago as it has been for the past week.

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
December 20, 2015 - 2:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A couple of the latest acquisitions –

‘Gathering Storm’ –

DSCN1042-1.JPG

And that Schweinfurt print –

DSCN1043.JPG

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
December 25, 2015 - 12:59 pm

The Parschau Projekt, aka The 4 Fathers of German Combat Aviation –

DSCN1058.JPG

DSCN1061.JPG

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
January 10, 2016 - 5:26 pm

buzzc320 said
Its not framed yet. frown

I’d like to pick up an early war Luft. Pilot’s badge first so I’m most likely looking for a neusilber or a tombac Assmann or a J1 Junckers badge but damn, those early badges are expensive.

Well, I seem to be making payments on a pre or early war Junckers J1 badge. It has some war-time wear on it, a repaired clasp and a great over-all patina.

Maybe I’ll have the badge paid off in time to get my JG-52 framed yet this winter/spring. yippee

A sneak peek:

Junckers J1

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
January 17, 2016 - 2:32 pm

Just picked this one up yesterday. The top matting is a teal green linen and the bottom matting is a darker blue than what shows on here. Some day I’m going to drag everything outside and take pics with natural light instead of under fluorescent lighting. Its 5*F this morning so that ain’t happening anytime soon.

I have a box full of various numbered Army Air Force patches that were made by Minnesota Woolen Mills during the war and came out of one of their warehouses about 20 years ago before it was demolished.

RT1 Schweinfurt II-

DSCN1076.JPG

DSCN1078.JPG

DSCN1081.JPG

DSCN1073.JPG

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
February 12, 2016 - 4:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A little RT2 ‘Ramraiders’ for your viewing pleasure –

DSCN1105.JPG

And a remarque teaser –

DSCN1094.JPG

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
February 14, 2016 - 3:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

RT1 ‘Special Duties’

Outer matting is a light grayish linen and the inner matting is a lighter shade of olive green.

DSCN1130.JPG

Luftwaffe silber Transport clasp. Clasp is made of zinc with a silver wash which has nearly all worn away.

DSCN1136.JPG

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
March 6, 2016 - 5:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

RT1 ‘Stormbirds over the Reich’ –

DSCN1147.JPG

With a bit of Ritterkreuz bling.

DSCN1148.JPG

JV44 patch and bullion Officer’s wings.

DSCN1153.JPG

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
April 29, 2016 - 1:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

RT2 Ramraiders –

JG3 Udet cufftitel –

I cook corn....

Guss
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 297
April 29, 2016 - 5:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great print, excellent remarque and outstanding framing and matting.  Nice!

buzzc320
Members
April 30, 2016 - 7:29 am

Thanks Guss!

I had all manner of things of Willi Maximowitz I could of tossed in the frame such as Unteroffizier collar tabs, EK1 & 2, short range day fighter clasp, etc. but the more I looked at the print, the more I realized that the Remarque was the star of the show and anything else should be on the down-low. I had always planned on the cufftitel being part of this and actually had it before I bought the print. The cufftitel seems to add a nice balance to things and I wouldn’t change a thing.

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
August 13, 2016 - 10:15 pm

Just a little something to get me through the summer (and just literally carried into the house). One of those ‘unloved B24’ prints. And a 20% off framing sale didn’t hurt. smile2

RT1 Ploesti – The Vital Mission, AP 47/125. Tan inner matte to bring out the earthy tones of a late Romanian summer, light blue to bring out the sky and to frame the Congressional Medal of Honor and a brown that very much matches the brown on the top of the wings and fuselages of the B24’s.

Unissued WW2 era US Army Congressional Medal of Honor. The CMH framed with this for the recipients of this award in conjunction with Operation Tidal Wave (Ploesti).

My patches and ribbons are always stitched to the matting with some very fine silk thread and the more common medals such as Iron Crosses are held in place with a drop of silicone. The $$$/rare medals such as in posts 68, 73 and this one, the ribbon is stitched down with the medal unstuck and somewhat free to move around.

I cook corn....

fuzzy
Members

Moderators
August 13, 2016 - 11:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My favorite B-24 image!  Great idea adding the MoH to it.

I counted 38 USAAF MoH recipients on the Wikipedia list.  Weren’t 5 given out for Operation Tidal Wave (first Ploesti Raid)?

buzzc320
Members
August 13, 2016 - 11:18 pm

fuzzy said

I counted 38 USAAF MoH recipients on the Wikipedia list.  Weren’t 5 given out for Operation Tidal Wave (first Ploesti Raid)?  

Well… now I’m not so sure. think I found that info when/wherever and did a copy & paste to my mishmash of notes. I’ll take that down until I know for sure.

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
August 13, 2016 - 11:35 pm

fuzzy said

Oh, the CMH. It DOES take an act of Congress to get ahold of one. hysterical

My Congressman is calling it quits and I ran into him this spring and he asked what he could do for ME. Like he had done anything for ME before. On a whim I gave him my card and asked for a CMH. A few weeks later I had paperwork for my request and I could have just ONE. I don’t think the current Army CMH is any different than WW2 vintage but this thing came in a beat-to-hell box from the (pre-zip code) Quartermaster depot in Washington DC. Silk ribbon, correct number of stitches, 3 Hinson snaps for sizing, copper had some tarnish. Certainly has some age to it.

I don’t ask questions. goodshow

I cook corn....

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 85

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

See All Online Activity
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None