A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
buzzc320's collection of things
buzzc320
Members
Forum Posts: 216
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 5, 2014 - 1:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Appliance said 

Thanks.  I’d like to receive details but can’t action anything until mid-December when a dividend is received.  

Talk about history repeating … confused3

I’ll drop you a PM when the board lets me log in. cool-gum

In the mean-time my new username is ‘Guest.’

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
November 14, 2014 - 3:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Appliance said

Thanks.  I’d like to receive details but can’t action anything until mid-December when a dividend is received.  

Talk about history repeating … confused3

You haz PM. waving

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
November 15, 2014 - 3:35 pm

Picked this up from the frame shop last week. Marauder Mission, RT1.

First Liberators and now Marauders, how many other unloved bomber prints shall I acquire? :e-shrug:

Inner matte is a drab olive green and the outer matte is a linen matte and has just enough of a pinkish tint to compliment the pink in the clouds. Of course with my picture taking abilities its impossible to see such things. blush

The Croix de Guerre is to honor Ashley Woolridge for his part in softening up the Normandy beaches.

I cook corn....

Appliance
Members
Forum Posts: 394
November 16, 2014 - 12:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now that is very, very nice.

buzzc320
Members
November 16, 2014 - 8:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Appliance said
Now that is very, very nice.

Thanks. When I brought it home I gave it an hour stare and thought “OMG, what did I do that for?” The light outer matting looked so good at the framers and then at home it just didn’t do anything for me. And now that I’ve had a week to look at it its growing on me. There’s something about the rough texture on that linen that works on the light and so throughout the day (or at least the part of the day that I’m awake) whenever I give it a good looking over, the color on the linen seems to have changed just a bit.

I cook corn....

eHangar
Admin
Forum Posts: 2646
November 17, 2014 - 5:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

buzzc320 said
First Liberators and now Marauders, how many other unloved bomber prints shall I acquire? :e-shrug:

As many as there are prints of them!lol

What’s next on your shopping list? eyebrows

buzzc320
Members
November 17, 2014 - 5:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

eHangar said 

As many as there are prints of them!lol

What’s next on your shopping list? eyebrows

Well for starters, I got my first Wootton this past week. Actually, its the ’83-’84 NASM poster. Never been framed and there’s a couple of spots of scuffing on the edges but for 30 bucks off Fleabay I couldn’t go wrong.

Aaaaaand… put a down payment on a ‘Horrido’ a couple of weeks ago. A new set of snow tires on the car is much more important right now so I need to get those bought & paid for before print purchasing can resume. Oh yeah and property taxes due next month. frusty

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
November 23, 2014 - 5:33 pm

WooT! I had taken in my Tellander print a month ago to get looked at, mostly because its already been framed for some 30-odd years and I wanted a ‘check-up’ on it as it were. It seemed to have been matted at the time with regular non-acid free matting so I had it conservation framed this time around and had some Tru Vue non-glare glass tossed in for good measure. Now I’m good in that it should out-last me this time around.

The new & improved Studebaker print from 1943:

And I had my ‘companion’ print framed to match.

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
December 17, 2014 - 4:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just off the slow boat from England, Frank Wootton – The Straggler.

After having this camera for a year I finally found the macro setting.

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
December 17, 2014 - 4:21 pm

Frank Wootton – End of an Era.

Signed by Lutenant Norbert Hannig of JG54, JG7 & JV44.

I cook corn....

Appliance
Members
Forum Posts: 394
December 21, 2014 - 2:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

buzzc320  “End of an Era” is simply smashing. Totally unfamiliar with this Wooton but what a beauty. You must be pleased as punch.

On another matter at the top of the page I stated :_

can’t action anything until mid-December when a dividend is received.  

Talk about history repeating …

Well I got my dividend … all of A$113.dohThe iron ore market has collapsed, down 50%, and dividends suffered as a result by about 90%.  Everything’s on hold consequently.

Compliments of the season to you and the other friends/members of eHangar.

buzzc320
Members
December 21, 2014 - 2:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Appliance said
buzzc320  “End of an Era” is simply smashing. Totally unfamiliar with this Wooton but what a beauty. You must be pleased as punch.

On another matter at the top of the page I stated :_

can’t action anything until mid-December when a dividend is received.  

Talk about history repeating …

Well I got my dividend … all of A$113.dohThe iron ore market has collapsed, down 50%, and dividends suffered as a result by about 90%.  Everything’s on hold consequently.

Compliments of the season to you and the other friends/members of eHangar.

Thanks! Yeah, it is a really nice print. The colors are much more vivid that what the pictures show. It was on the doorstep the other morning when I got home from work so I got it out of the shipping tube, into the print protector, took some pics, into the closet and haven’t seen it since. We’re going through some crazy hours at work right now and I just had my 2 days off for December with more of this 7 days/week stuff for the next month at least.

‘Tis a bummer on the dividend check. I hadn’t heard or read on any collapse of the metals market. All I’ve really been paying attention to is oil prices and how nice it is to fill up my car for under 40 bucks for the first time in like 5 years. yippee I’ve always found with dividend checks that the pay-outs like to decrease 50% for every 10% that sales are off and really no longer count on them enough to go out and buy a decent case of beer with. And the few dividends I do get the government makes sure they get their ‘fair’ share right off the top sooner rather than later. frusty

And yeah, Merry Christmas to you too! smile2

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
January 22, 2015 - 2:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Picked up my framed Wootton NASM poster this past weekend.

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
February 8, 2015 - 4:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just got this back from the framers:

Outer matting is a very dark green to match the darkest of the trees. Inner matting is a lavenderish.

JG7 & JV44 patches for the 2 operational Me262 squadrons. I would of preferred the patches a bit smaller but try finding a JV44 smaller than 4″. I just feel lucky finding this one. thumbsup

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
March 19, 2015 - 6:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Picked this gem up from the frame shop yesterday.

JG-52 patch-

Luftwaffe Pilot badge-

The inner matte is a mustard yellowish and the outer matte is a dark grey silk.

I cook corn....

fuzzy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 3310
March 24, 2015 - 1:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very nice presentation!

I really like the look of the Luftwaffe pilot badge.  Is it authentic, or a replica?  If it’s a replica, I’d love to know where to get one.

fuzzy

buzzc320
Members
March 24, 2015 - 3:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks! The Luft pilot badge is the real thing. I bought several replica cloth badges last fall to see what they looked like and

1) They were all the same thing no matter where they came from.

2) They all looked like crap. The eagle looked more like a humped-back crow.

3) They all got sent back.

There are decent looking replica WH (wool) standard issue Breast Eagles as such:

out there but for me I decided again to go with the real things.

Brian

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
April 19, 2015 - 1:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Frank Wooton – The Straggler

Triple matted. Blue, mustard and with a white matte/w. red core sandwiched in between. I thought the print would look great with just the blue & mustard matting, then they pulled out the red core white matting. It doesn’t look like it in the picture but it sure does tie the red on the Me109 spinner and the Spitfire roundels together.

Luftwaffe Breast Eagle.

RAF Wings.

Herr Galland in his Me109.

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
July 26, 2015 - 4:43 am

Anybody make it to Oshkosh this year? I spent too much money in the Boeing building on ‘things,’ took my old battleworn Telex headset to Pacific Coast Avionics for a much needed and state-of-the-art noise cancelling black magic voodoo upgrade and bought half an airport’s worth of solar led runway lighting. I’ve never seen a pillowcase worth of cash disappear so quickly. censored But the F35, the F22 and the B52 were worth the price of admission and I got to stand and listen alongside Fifi’s crew as a an ex-B29 top gunner told of exploits on Iwo Jima and Saipan and I ended up with a copy of a July 1945 letter signed by Col. Tibbets concerning a ‘special bomb’ for use on 4 listed cities in Japan. It was one of those once in a lifetime chance encounters and so the next time the CAF B29 Fifi comes to an airport near you, Fifi’s copy of this letter should be laminated and on display. Maybe next year the B29 ‘Doc’ will be at OSH along with Fifi. I can’t imagine the tears shed having 2 B29’s parked wingtip to wingtip.

So, of course, being OSH and my birthday just around the corner, I had to get myself something. I spent a good hour at the Aces High booth and spent a lot of that time talking with Colin. Gotta say, it was like a Robert Taylor orgy looking through the portfolios there. If only I hadn’t bought so much Imperial stuff lately…. My biggest gripe there was that they wouldn’t do any wheeling & dealing. Yeah, they’d knock off the sales tax but 40 or 50 bucks in the big scheme of things ain’t cutting it. So, as long as I had business to do with Virginia Bader, I waddled off to visit her.

I’ve been buying prints from Virginia for nearly 30 years and got to really know her really well over the years. I for whatever reason didn’t buy the ‘Holy Grail’ of RT1 prints when it was released over 25 years ago and have been kicking myself in the ass for quite a few years over it. Anyways, she let me know last year whisper that she had a not-quite perfect never-framed copy collecting dust and would I be interested. So, I made payments for a few months. saluteThe print has a small scratch on the lower right that I think non-glare glass will mask. If not, there are a couple of art restorers in the area that do wonderful work on prints.

And it looks like I’ll be making payments again this year on another print I missed out on. Oh well. blush

So, after all of this, I had enough $$$ for one print. I looked at the Wootton ’60th Anniversary Battle of Britain’ print a few times and kept going back to it as she had it much cheaper than listed on her website. She also had a framed copy of RT1 ‘Stormbirds over the Reich’ I really liked but don’t need/want a $2000 framing job. Argh. About the fifth time I went through all the portfolio prints I spotted a copy. Awesome. Love at first sight. And it was 30% off. And Virginia knocked another 50 bucks off for a birthday present. And I came home with $40 in my pillowcase. It was an awesome day indeed.

My EAA booty:

Stormbirds over the Reich. This print is fricken’ huge!

And that other print with the little scratch –

I cook corn....

buzzc320
Members
October 4, 2015 - 12:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Special Operations – RT1

I just picked this one up on an Ebay auction. It was listed at $280 obo with no takers and I put in an offer of $225 right before the auction ended which was accepted. It has a crease/fold-over on the top left corner in the outer white which gets matted over anyway. Print also comes with the COA and the ‘Special Operations’ brochure.

DSCN0975-1.JPG

I cook corn....

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 85

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

See All Online Activity
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None