A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
difrent techniques thread , july - august 2010
tornado64
Members
Forum Posts: 360
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 1, 2010 - 10:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

as prommised i’ll try to kick of this idea with the first image !!

the idea of this bi monthly thread is to give motivation if stuck , a starting point for beggining artists ( there will be a weeks chatting at the end ) so everyone can chat about how they handled the subject difrently !!

it is open to all mediums and all skill levels

a photo of your finnished work for this thread should be posted in this thread on or after 20th aug 2010 , so even though the next one will have started you can still post images and chat

although i have picked a simple image for starters with not to much scope for alteration ( you’ll probably prove me wrong !!)

the idea is that you can crop into the image , or use the image as a template to put the aircraft in another setting ie a spitfire with an airshow background can be painted in a ww2 setting so long as the image is used as the template

i am happy to run it but so we have a selection of images and so we can have a selection of images

the idea is at the end of the month as i posted the first picture i will pick my favourite result
the person whos image is selected as favourite will be who sellects the next image ( from your own library or one you have saught permission to use ) you would then post it after i have coppied and pasted this section ( with alterations ) for next month !!
then the person who posted the image selects their favourite rendition and the next image is posted by who’s image is chosen !!
or if they don’t want to post an image of theirs i am happy to sellect another of mine !!

at the end of twelve months this will give us six artworks to put up for a forum vote for the years favourite !!

so !! without further a doo !! i have sellected something simple but unusual that should be good for begginers and experienced alike

and a subject rarely seen on here ( so should take most out of comfort zones !!)

it is a national grid inspection heli a jetranger III taking off at my local helipad ( they are a good bunch and usualy manouver the aircraft a little for photography for me before setting off on the days tasks !!

if needed i can also post a smaller version of the shot if it helps !!

kevjon
Australia
Members
Forum Posts: 459
July 2, 2010 - 12:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll have a go at it tornado

I’m not really a helicopter fan but it will give me a opportunity to do something I normally wouldn’t do.

Trumper
Members
Forum Posts: 737
July 2, 2010 - 9:32 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

🙂 I will give it a go ,Thanks.My only problem is time ,working shifts and being away middle/ end of July but i will try and get something down. 🙂

tornado64
Members
July 2, 2010 - 10:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

cheers, that’s two so far !!

i’ll be having a go too ( but won’t choose my own !! although i’m presently painting a horsey commision for a girl

the photo is o.k. of the horse ( i offered to do a better one as i know how they look best )

but she is happy as is , as she said the photo she has has captured the hoses nature well

frightening realy as it is showing its teeth and has its ears back so looks quite angry if anything !!

Monique
Members
Forum Posts: 48
July 2, 2010 - 3:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll join too, as a serial lurker that doesn’t paint nearly enough this will be a good thing to get (and keep) me going.

Thanks for starting this Tornado, it will be a real help for newbs like myself that struggle to gain confidence in our work.

tornado64
Members
July 3, 2010 - 10:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll join too, as a serial lurker that doesn’t paint nearly enough this will be a good thing to get (and keep) me going.

Thanks for starting this Tornado, it will be a real help for newbs like myself that struggle to gain confidence in our work.

no problem !! as said it is for all levels with discussion at the end it is also for any medium

so everyone can join in even if you only get the time or only have the monetary outlay for a quick charcoal or pencil sketch

and also the end part ( posting after 20th aug ) gives time for discussion on what you would do difrent how to alter bits you don’t like , just as much as how to build on what is being done right !!

but if everyone is working with the same image it gives everyone chance to see how others handle it

as you are forever learning in art even accomplished artist can learn from a begginer

the day you shut that out is the day you have given up on art as you think you can no longer learn !!

HeloOne
Members
Forum Posts: 75
July 3, 2010 - 6:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, TornadoSixFour,

Any chance you have other views of this helo? It would be helpful to be able to see what other parts of the a/c look like, i.e. livery, skids, windows, etc.

Like most artists, we use multiple reference photos to aid in our work.

Thanks,

HeloOne

married_into_aviation
Members
Forum Posts: 284
July 4, 2010 - 12:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep, never did a chopper before, I’ll try and pull off something a little different.
Merana

Trumper
Members
July 4, 2010 - 8:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, TornadoSixFour,

Any chance you have other views of this helo? It would be helpful to be able to see what other parts of the a/c look like, i.e. livery, skids, windows, etc.

Thanks,

HeloOne

Agreed +1 here as well,options always nice if possible,if not no problems ,artistic licence will come to play 🙂

tornado64
Members
July 5, 2010 - 11:23 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, TornadoSixFour,

Thanks,

HeloOne

Agreed +1 here as well,options always nice if possible,if not no problems ,artistic licence will come to play 🙂

i have a couple more views i can post later from my flickr pages

i have loads of shots of it but unfortunately i have had a pc breakdown

so at present can only access flickr images

but can place a couple more

tornado64
Members
July 5, 2010 - 3:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

as requested another view

Trumper
Members
July 5, 2010 - 4:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

🙂 Thanks i’ve saved them,now need to get the grey cells warmed up 😀

tornado64
Members
July 5, 2010 - 4:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

🙂 Thanks i’ve saved them,now need to get the grey cells warmed up 😀

no probs !!

for further refrence ( as it is a little deceptive !! ) the only tinted windows are the ones in the cabin roof !!

the interior is standard jet ranger with reflected blue from the tinted roof windows

Trumper
Members
July 8, 2010 - 8:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

😮 I have just reread the first post and i had it in my head it was a medical helicopter,ahhh it’s not,that’s put the brakes on a bit,need a rethink now embarassed MUST LEARN TO READ
“it is a national grid inspection heli a jetranger III taking off at my local helipad ( they are a good bunch and usualy manouver the aircraft a little for photography for me before setting off on the days tasks !! “

😀

tornado64
Members
July 9, 2010 - 9:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

😮 I have just reread the first post and i had it in my head it was a medical helicopter,ahhh it’s not,that’s put the brakes on a bit,need a rethink now embarassed MUST LEARN TO READ
“it is a national grid inspection heli a jetranger III taking off at my local helipad ( they are a good bunch and usualy manouver the aircraft a little for photography for me before setting off on the days tasks !! “

😀

no problem trumper !!

duties it would normaly be seen on are high tension electric cable inspection , gas pipe line surveying and inspection , oil pipe line surveying and inspection

they also used a eurocopter as 355 for surveying along with schwietzers and other jet rangers

Trumper
Members
July 18, 2010 - 11:05 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

🙂 I haven’t forgotten about this,i am tied up on shifts and we are also away for a couple of weeks from this week so my input has been curtailed for a bit.I am batting ideas around still but i doubt i will get any time until next month, but just to let you know i haven’t forgotten and will get something done at somepoint LOL. 🙂

tornado64
Members
July 19, 2010 - 10:25 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

no problem trumper i have just completed an arabian horse portrait commission so got delayed myself

but will be starting one soon myself

it will be in on time

tornado64
Members
August 10, 2010 - 9:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

well i’m calling mine finnished for this and ready to post aftern the 20th i’ve gone for only a slightly difrent aproach
will be good to see what others come up with

Trumper
Members
August 10, 2010 - 11:10 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

🙂 Just got back off hols,now the kids are on school hols but i do have an idea which i may be able to get down on paper in bits and pieces.
I may try acrylics for a change although i haven’t used them for ages but the quick drying may help me get something done.

tornado64
Members
August 11, 2010 - 8:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

superb trumper , anything welcome , pencil , coloured pencil , acrylics !!

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 85

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

See All Online Activity
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: None

Top Posters: